So my four year old son is a major tattle tale. I thought that was solely a girl thing but apparently, it's a four year old thing. He even tattles on his own self which I find quite amusing. For example:
Him: Today I got a time out at school for pushing Ted out of the swing.
Me: Then no TV for you tonight.
I wonder when he's going to catch onto the fact that these confessions lead to restricted privileges. I guess even negative attention is attention. But back to the turtle.
The other day I was doing drop off and his teacher and I were chatting, and he comes over to tattle tale on Annie who said a "mean word." The teacher put up her hand and told him to go tell it to the turtle and he proceeds to walk over to the corner of the room and start talking to a stuffed turtle. I asked the teacher, what is that all about? as it was quite an amusing little sight. She proceeded to tell me that she teaches the difference between telling and tattling. You tell when:
- someone is hurt
- someone is need of help (bathroom, zipper, etc.)
Tattling is trying to get someone in trouble. Hence the tattle turtle. Genius!
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
1) Why do I love Toddler's & Tiaras so much? It entertains me on so many levels. However, I drew the line when I was about to Facebook friend little Eden Wood and decided that was just weird...that precious little thing Eden. Love that kid. But she's retired now. At 6.
2) I was having a bad day and was overall just really grouchy. Went home and watched Intervention for the first time. Immediately, my mood was uplifted! Sick I know, but the reality was it gave me such perspective that my life is SO good. My diagnosis for others is to start watching it (or Hoarders) if you think you have it bad and you'll realize you're being a whiny baby.
3) I loved my Genie Bra until I saw it on sale at Walgreens. Really? I just would prefer to not see my beloved undergarments on sale at Walgreens. The Genie Bra is like a sports bra, but it doesn't mash the girls down, the shoulders don't slip off and it eliminates back-fat. It's quite genius actually. But what's next, prescription drugs at Macy's?
4) So I had this weird out of body experience during my annual physical the other day when my chunky doctor started to encourage me to go to his weight loss clinic. It's like I came out of my body and was looking down on this scenario from above and just laughing out loud. My doctor could easily lose 60+ pounds, yet was telling me how I need to go to this clinic. My first thought was, this is a revenue stream for you to make an extra $40--as what will you tell me that's any different that "one Saturday a month" that is different from this medical exam. And secondly, are you doing any of the practices you are preaching? Yes, I'm going to his clinic.
5) Said doctor visit took FIVE tries to get blood out of me. I know I have puny veins, but seriously? The 3 nurses who tried didn't even try to fake confidence. You know it's a bad sign when nurse 1 says: "I don't think I can do this, but I'll try a couple of times and then call someone else." Ha.
6) Said doctor visit could not get blood pressure reading out of my left arm. This has happened before. Am I dead and everyone just thinks I'm alive? That's deep. Think about it.